A lightweight capelet that offers the perfect coverage for winter to spring. Throw it on over a t shirt and look pulled together. The cape has two colors but you can easily knit it in one color. Directions are given for both.
- • Casting On
- • Knitting, Purling, all options
- • Option 1 Sewing a seam, Option 2- picking up stitches, sewing a seam
- • Binding off
- • Knitting Tutorials are provided at olioknits.com
Yarn and Sizes
The Plucky Knitter’s Traveler DK 65% merino, 20% mulberry silk, 15% yak) 275 yards
XS/S/M/L/XL 3/3/3/4/4 skeins main color (Burlap), 2/2/2/3/3 skeins contrast color (Dive Bar)
- •Tape measure
- •Tapestry Needle
- •About 8 yards of thin scrap yarn. Dental floss will work quite well.
- •Needles - #8, 40 inch Circular Needle to accommodate large number of stitches. Option 2: two spare #8 needles needed for picking up stitches for the hem. Please remember that after knitting up your swatch, your needle size may change.
Gauge 4.5 stitches = 1” or 18 sts. = a 4 in square in Stockinette Stitch using a #8 needle
Shoulder to hem = 24/25/26/27/29 in.”, Length from neck to waist = 21/22/23/24/25 “ Width at neck (with a drape)= 25/25.5/27/28.5/30 “ Width at bottom = Minimum of 60” all sizes