A very EASY to knit tank with a little flare featuring a scoop neck. The body is A-line which flatters all figure types. Perfect alone or paired with a sweater or shawl for evening. The armhole and neck are defined by garter stitch - no picking up stitches! Knit the 2 pieces, sew them together, put on and wear!
- Casting On
- Stockinette Stitch- alternate knitting one row, purling one row
- Garter Stitch- Knitting every row
- • Decreasing- Knit 2 together and SSK (videos will show you how)
- • Binding off
- • Videos are provided at olioknits.com for basic techniques as well as “how to” steps specific to this pattern.
- •We used Rowan’s Savannah (94% cotton 6% silk 87 yards/50 grams)
Small 7 skeins, Medium 7 skeins Large 8 skeins, X Large 9 skeins
- •Tape measure
- •Tapestry Needle and safety pins
- •Needles - #8 needle Please remember that after knitting up your swatch, your needle size may change.
Gauge- 4.5 stitches = 1 inch 18 sts. =4” square in Stockinette Stitch using a #8 needle (#8 for most people)