A lovely A-line cardigan that is flattering to all body types. Falling just past below the hip, it is perfect against a skirt or pant. Pair with a a shirt that peeks out an inch or two past the hem or by itself. Knit in the round to the armhole, the “waves” flow around the back as well. Be prepared for compliments to wash up your way.
Purchase as an immediate PDF download- no shipping
- • Knitting, purling
- • Long-tail cast on , Provisional cast on preferred but optional
- • Picking up stitches
- • Binding off, 3 needle bind off is used as well
- • Videos are provided at olioknits.com for basic techniques as well as “how to” steps specific to this pattern.
- • The Plucky Knitter’s Traveler Sport ( 325 yds.) 65%merino, 20%silk, 15%yak
Small 3 skeins, Medium 4 skeins, Large 4 skeins, XLarge 5 skeins XXLarge 6 skeins for Main Color- Rum Raisin 1 skein or approximately 200yds. of Contrast Color Also fingering weight for all sizes.
- •Tape measure
- •Tapestry Needle
- •Stitch Markers
- •Stitch Holders
- •7 1/2 inch buttons
- •Needles - #6 32” or 40” circular needle for body, if knitting the sleeve in the round: #6 double points or 12” circular. PLUS an extra circular needle for joining hem and placing stitches on hold. This needle can be the same size or a size up or down.
Please remember that after knitting up your swatch, your needle size may change.
ABBREVIATIONS on PAGES 5 and 6
Gauge - 6 stitches = 4” square in Stockinette Stitch using a #6 needle You will be knitting this sweater in a fingering weight. Look for a yarn that gets 6 stitches per inch or 24 stitches over 4 inches on a #6 needle.
Sizes and Measurements.
Size Small Medium Large X Large XX Large
Bust 30-34“ 36-38”, 40- 44” 46-48” 50”
Length 20 “ 20“ 23” 24” 24”